Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate was produced in two basic versions, Ko and Otsu, differing externally only in minor details. This allowed Maciek “Wrona” Wroński to design a model kit with lots of fine details, allowing for easy build of both versions “out of the box”, with a relatively little complication of the plastic sprues.
The kit includes:
- Abundantly detailed cockpit
- Two alternative fuselage top parts that allow the cockpit canopy to be made in closed and open positions – it also allowed obtaining fine details in front of the windscreen
- Fully reproduced detailed double star engine with photo-etched wiring
- The air intake above the engine with proper depth
- Exhaust pipes made as separate, three-dimensional parts
- Two alternative oil coolers: smaller (early) for early Ko version planes and larger (late) for later Ko and all Otsu aeroplanes.
- Carefully rendered propeller (bonus: the propeller is spinning!) 😊
- Full 3D wheel wells with depth and fine detail, detailed landing gear covers
- Fine tail wheel with detailed covers
- Finely reproduced fabric-covered aileron, elevator, and rudder surfaces
- Armament – minor differences between the versions in the openings on the fuselage sides – location for drilling the alternative opening is marked on the inner side of the fuselage part
- Three most important variants of the underwing ordnance – two fuel tanks, two small 100 kg bombs, one large 250 kg bomb with a tank under the other wing (also for the kamikaze version) – on finely detailed, separate racks.
Wszystko co chcecie wiedzieć o Mustangu z Arma Hobby i nie boicie się pytać
- Order kit Nakajima Ki-84 Expert Set in Arma Hobby
This post is also available in: polski